- Large bowl
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- Cheese grater
- 2 Rimmed baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Oven mitts
- Metal spatula
- 2 Tbs raw hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup finely-grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toast pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Combine cheddar, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Scoop into 12 evenly sized piles with a tablespoon, then flatten and spread into circles. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. If you’re using flaky sea salt (a delicious addition), sprinkle a few flakes on each circle.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Slide parchment paper onto wire rack and cool for a few minutes before serving. Store extras in an airtight container.
Adapted from: January/February 2013 Vegetarian Times