- Box grater
- Vegetable peeler
- Sieve or strainer
- Cutting board
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- 2 Medium bowls
- 2 cups plain yogourt (we used 2%)
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional herbs/spices: fresh mint or cilantro, finely chopped (a Tbs. or two); ground cumin and/or coriander (1/2 tsp or so)
1. Peel the cucumber lengthwise so that it looks striped. You still want some peel, but not too much. Grate it on the side of the box grater with the biggest holes.
2. Put the grated cucumber into a sieve or strainer, set it over a bowl, and let drain for about 15-30 minutes. Press as much water out as possible, then dump it into a medium bowl.
3. Add 2 cups of yogourt and the salt, and mix well to combine. Add one or more optional
herbs or spices and mix again. Refrigerate until serving time.