(original recipe says 12, but we found it made exactly 11. It may depend on the size of your tart shells)
• Knife, cutting board
• Lemon juicer
• Measuring cup, measuring spoons
• Small microwave-safe dish or cup
• Baking sheet
• Sieve (optional)
• Wire rack
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 Tbs butter
• 1 Tbs grated lemon zest
• ¼ cup lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons, depending on their size and juiciness)
• 2 large eggs
• 11 (or 12) frozen tart shells
• Sprinkling of icing sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe dish or cup (start with 30 seconds, increase by 10 seconds until melted).
2. Put all filling ingredients (everything except the tart shells & icing sugar) in a blender. Blend until smooth and thoroughly combined.
3. Put the tart shells on a baking sheet and pour lemon filling from blender into each one.
4. Bake at 375°F until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle tarts with a bit of icing sugar pushed through a sieve (optional). Store left-over tarts in sealed container in fridge for up to 2 days.
Adapted from Best Recipes Ever from Canadian Living and CBC, vol.2 (2013)