• Medium pot
• Wooden spoon
• Measuring cup, measuring spoons
• small dessert cups or bowls
• can opener
• ¼ cup quick-cooking tapioca
• ¼ tsp salt
• 5 Tbs sugar
• 1 can (398 ml) coconut milk (we used lite)
• 1 tsp finely-grated lemon zest
1. Place tapioca, salt, and sugar in a medium-sized pot. Stir in ½ cup cool water and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in coconut milk and bring to a simmer on medium-high heat, stirring often.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in lemon peel and remove from heat. Pour into dessert dishes and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
5. Optional: top with fresh fruit.
From Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers (2005)