Makes one loaf
• Aluminum foil
• Bread knife, butter knife
• Fork, small bowl
• Cutting board
• Garlic press or microplane
• 1 baguette, preferably multigrain or whole wheat
• 3 Tbs soft butter
• 1 Tbs olive oil (depending on the size of your baguette, you could need more or less butter & olive oil)
• 1-2 small cloves garlic
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Cut baguette in half-inch slices, not quite all the way through, so that they are still attached to the loaf.
3. Using a fork, blend the olive oil into the softened butter.
4. Put the garlic through a garlic press, or grate it finely on a microplane, and blend it into the butter-oil mixture.
5. Spread the garlic-butter-oil mixture thinly on both sides of each slice of bread.
6. Wrap the baguette in aluminum foil, leaving it open a bit along the top, so the bread gets crispy.
7. Place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.