Makes 4 servings
• Baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil
• Measuring cups & measuring spoons
• Medium mixing bowl
• Juicer and fine grater or zester
• Large Ziploc bag
• Rolling pin
• Cutting board, cutting knife
• Fork, whisk
• Paper towels
• 2 pie plates
For the fish
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 20 saltine crackers, preferably whole wheat or multigrain
- ½ cup unsweetened fine flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 4 fresh (or thawed) haddock fillets
For the Lime Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey dijon mustard
- 1½ Tbsp lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F.
2. Beat the egg with the coconut milk and pour it into one of the pie plates.
3. Put the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush them finely by rolling a rolling pin over them. Measure them and make sure you have ¾ cup.
4. Finely grate the lime zest and measure out a teaspoon.
5. In the other pie plate, use a fork to combine cracker crumbs, coconut, and lime zest.
6. Rinse fish fillets under cold water and dry well with paper towels, then dip each one in egg mixture, and coat with coconut mixture.
7. Arrange fish on the lined baking sheet and bake for 15 min. or until just cooked. Fish will flake easily and be white all the way through.
8. While the fish is baking, whip up the Lime Mustard Sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
9. Serve each fish fillet with a tablespoon of sauce on top.
Adapted from: Southender Magazine, March 2012, p.11, article by Jan Napier.