Makes about ¾ cup
- Cutting knife & board, if chopping fresh herbs
- microplane or garlic press for garlic, if using
- Glass jar with a lid
- Measuring spoons, measuring cup
• 2 Tablespoons vinegar (balsamic, red or white wine, apple cider – you choose)
• 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (make sure it’s gluten-free, if you need it to be)
• 1 small clove garlic, grated or minced (optional)
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon salt & freshly-ground pepper to taste
• Finely-chopped fresh herbs of your choice (optional). We used dill and chives.
1. Peel and finely mince or grate the garlic, if using.
2. Put all ingredients in a glass jar, put the lid on tightly, and shake up really well. Store covered in the refrigerator. Shake well before using. Dress your salad just before serving.