- Medium saucepan
- Potato masher or wooden spoon
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring spoons, measuring cup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Wash fresh blueberries (if using frozen, skip washing), put them in saucepan, and crush a bit using a potato masher or wooden spoon. (If your blueberries are frozen, you’ll have to crush them as they warm up).
2. Add sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.
3. Bring blueberry mixture to a boil over medium heat; turn down and boil 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat, add vanilla.
5. Serve warm or chilled, over puddings, cake, or ice cream.