Makes about 16 cups
- Something to pop popcorn: hot-air popper, microwave, large pot
- 2 large baking pans or cookie sheets
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Measuring cup & spoons
- Small saucepan
- Wooden spoon for stirring
- Large bowl
- ½ cup popping corn (about 16 cups popped)
- ½ cup butter (we used vegan margarine)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- ½ cup peanuts (salted or unsalted, your choice) we used pecans
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Either line the baking sheets/pans with parchment paper, or grease them lightly with butter. Preheat oven to 325°F
- Make the popcorn using whatever method you prefer (we used a hot-air popcorn maker). Put it in a large bowl.
- Add the nuts to the popcorn.
- Melt the butter in the small saucepan.
- Add honey and molasses, heat and stir until well combined. If you used unsalted nuts, you might also like to add a pinch of salt at this point.
- Pour this mixture over the popcorn and nuts, and mix thoroughly until they’re evenly coated.
- Spread coated popcorn on baking sheets or pans. Put in oven for 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from: DC Super Heroes Super Healthy Cookbook (1981)