- Measuring spoons, measuring cup
- Fine grater
- 12 oz (340 grams) firm or extra-firm silken tofu (buy it in a box on the regular grocery shelves, not from the refrigerated section)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 Tbs freshly-squeezed orange juice
- Finely-grated rind from one orange
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour or spoon into individual serving dishes, chill and serve.
Variations: Omit the orange juice and orange rind for plain chocolate pudding. Or dissolve 1½ tsp instant coffee in 1 Tbs hot water, and add to the basic chocolate pudding to make mocha pudding.
Adapted from Louise Hagler’s Tofu Cookery (1991)