- Sieve or colander
- Large bowl
- Cutting knife and cutting board
- Mixing spoon, serving spoon
- 2 cans (400 g) pitted lychees
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 4 pieces bottled preserved ginger
- 4 tablespoons ginger syrup from the bottled ginger
1. Dump the lychees in the sieve or colander and rinse under cold running water to remove the syrup. Drain well.
2. Cut the lychees in half and put in bowl.
3. Peel the kiwis, slice in rounds, and cut the rounds in half. Add to bowl.
4. Chop the preserved ginger roughly and add to bowl.
5. Pour the ginger syrup over and mix lightly. Serve.
Adapted from: New Vegetarian Cooking, by Rose Elliot (2004)