- small pot
- 8 wooden skewers
- measuring cup
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- large mixing spoon
- Salad spinner or dish towels
- Cutting board, cutting knife
- can opener
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 2 medium red peppers (or orange or yellow)
- 8 artichoke hearts, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- grinding of fresh pepper, to taste
- sprinkling of salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups spring salad mix (baby greens)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 cocktail-sized bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 8 large green olives, pitted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut red peppers into eighths, removing seeds. Place in a medium sized bowl with artichoke hearts. Toss with olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Place both vegetables on baking sheet, with red peppers skin-side up, and roast together for 15-20 minutes or until softened. Let cool.
- Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let it reduce until slightly thickened. Watch carefully so it doesn’t over-thicken and burn.
- Divide roasted red peppers, roasted artichokes, tomatoes, cheese, basil, and olives among wooden skewers. Pop the kebabs back in the oven for a few minutes until warm.
- Wash salad greens and spin dry in salad spinner, or by wrapping in clean dish towel. Place 1/2 cup of salad greens on each plate.
- Lay skewer on top of salad greens and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Adapted from a Sobeys Dieticians recipe