Another variation on our seasonal fruit crisps. This one is lovely for late fall.
- 2 Large bowls, small microwave-safe dish
- 8 X 8 glass baking dish
- Butter knife, fork
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- Cutting board & paring knife
- 4 to 6 firm pears, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups cranberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 Tbs hemp hearts (optional, but really good & healthy)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (or walnut pieces, if you prefer)
- 1 pinch salt
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375℉. In a large bowl, toss pears with lemon juice. Add cranberries and 1/3 cup sugar; toss well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, hemp hearts, nuts & salt. Melt butter in microwave-safe dish (start with 30 seconds), then pour over flour-oat mixture and mix in thoroughly with a fork.
- Stir the pear-cranberry mixture well, then dump into 8 X 8 baking dish. Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Whipped cream or ice cream is nice on top.