Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
- Knife, cutting board
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- 2 small mixing bowls
- fork or small whisk
- Large ziploc bag
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder, to taste
- dipping sauces of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and seasonings. Taste the mix to make sure you like the flavor.
- Crack an egg into a a small bowl and beat with a fork or small whisk. Pour it into a large, zip-loc freezer bag, then add the cauliflower pieces to the bag. Zip it up and mix it well with your hands until the cauliflower is fully covered in egg.
- Open the bag and pour the bread crumb mix inside. Seal the bag again and mix the cauliflower with the bread crumbs until the pieces are coated.
- Pour the coated cauliflower onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. You might need to pat some of the crumbs onto the cauliflower if they didn’t stick well. Put baking sheet in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the outside is crisp and the inside is cooked through.
- Enjoy immediately with the dipping sauces of your choice. Chipotle mayo, Dijonnaise, and barbeque sauce are all good.