Serve this fresh salsa with tortilla chips, or use as a topping on Mexican foods.
Makes about 3 cups
- Knife, Cutting board
- fork or disposable kitchen gloves
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped white or red onion
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño pepper (use gloves or fork to keep from touching chopped pepper with your fingers — it will burn, especially if you rub your eyes!)
- 3 Tbs freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Adapted from: Vegan Everday / Douglas McNish (2015)