Cold soup for hot days.
- Knife & cutting board
- garlic press or micro grater
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- 1 cup (250 ml) Cucumber, seeded, chopped, skin on
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped Red pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped Plum tomatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 ml) Tomato juice, lower sodium, chilled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) White wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) freshly-ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) Green onion, chopped
1. Place bowls for serving in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Place all ingredients except green onion in a blender and whir until fairly smooth.
3. Place soup in fridge to chill. Garnish with green onion before serving.
Adapted from a Sobeys Dietitions recipe posted online at