- Kitchen scale
- Medium pot
- Medium mixing bowl that fits snugly over the pot
- Blender or food processor
- Measuring spoons
- microplane zester
- stirring spoon
- rubber spatula
- 200 g dairy-free dark chocolate (at least 75% cocoa solids)
- 700 g extra-firm silken tofu (2 boxes)
- 160 g maple syrup
- 1 lime, grated zest only
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
1. Place a medium pot with a couple of inches of water over a medium-low heat, half-fill with water, then place a medium heatproof bowl on top, making sure the base doesn’t touch the surface of the water. Break in the chocolate, then allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, open and drain the 2 boxes of tofu.
3. Add the tofu to the blender (or food processor) with the remaining ingredients, then blitz until smooth.
4. Add the melted chocolate and pulse until silky and combined.
5. Divide the mixture between little serving bowls (or use small 125 ml canning jars).
6. Pop in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill, then serve. If keeping longer in fridge, cover with plastic wrap, or put lids on if you used little jars.
Try serving your chocolate pots with shavings of dairy-free dark chocolate, or bash up your favourite crunchy cookies or nuts and sprinkle them on top.
Shown here with Caramel Pudding, and garnished with white chocolate shavings.