Makes 2 cups
- Rubber spatula
- Knife, cutting board
- Measuring cup, measuring spoons
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tbs. boiling water
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream OR Greek yogourt
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh dill
- Process cottage cheese and boiling water together in blender until smooth. Add sour cream or Greek yogourt and process again until smooth.
- Add green onions, olive oil, garlic powder, ¼ tsp. salt & few grinds of pepper. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and stir in cilantro and dill.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour, to let flavours blend. Taste and add salt & pepper if needed. Serve with fresh veggies or crackers or chips, or on top of a baked potato.
Adapted from Comfort Food Makeovers: all your favourites made lighter, by the Editors at America’s Test Kitchen (2013)