- Large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring spoons
- pastry brush
- small bowl
- 4 to 6 fish fillets (we used cod & salmon, because they were on sale, but other types would also work well: haddock, halibut, tilapia, etc.)
- about 1 Tbs high-heat oil, like avocado or grapeseed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt (or less)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F and grease a large baking sheet (or use parchment paper). Brush fillets lightly with oil on both sides.
2. Combine the cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and mix with a fork to combine. Sprinkle over fish and rub spice mix evenly across the fillets.
3. Place on prepared sheet and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Place fish on a platter and pull fillets apart with a fork.
4. Serve in corn or flour tortillas, with all the fixin’s: shredded cabbage, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, chopped cilantro.
Adapted from a recipe by Ceri March & Laura Keogh in Sweet Potato Chronicles http://sweetpotatochronicles.com/