makes about 3/4 cup
- medium saucepan
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup, measuring spoons
- knife, cutting board
- 1 Tbs butter
- about ½ inch fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut in ½ inch pieces
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in the brown sugar and ginger.
- Add the rhubarb slices, stir well to coat each piece with butter and sugar, then turn heat to low and cover.
- Simmer gently until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. This is great served with Greek yogourt swirled through it, or as a topping for no-bake cheesecake parfaits (like the ones pictured below).